Saturday, May 8, 2010

Paris - Versailles Part II, The Interiors



This is the buildings/interior pictures of Versailles. It was quite beautiful, and if you like these pictures you will have to also look at my pictures from the Louvre in a future post. At the Louvre they have a portion called Napoleon's Apt. which also has incredibly ornate rooms, which huge chandeliers. It was amazing.

Two somewhat important highlights here are:

1) the Hall of Mirrors - This is where the Treaty of Versailles was signed. This treaty was one of the peace treaties that ended World War I, this one declared peace between Germany and the Allied Powers.

2) Marie Antoinette's home.

Other than that there are just incredibly ornate rooms, and lots of paintings. I almost had difficulty telling which pictures belonged to Versailles, and which were from the Louvre. I even noticed a few of the paintings are in both locations.

I took a lot of pictures of the ceilings. They were amazing! I did the same in the Louvre. So ornate! Loved it.






















This, is the Hall of Mirrors






This fire place was huge! I was about 5 feet high.









The picture above was in the Louvre as well.










I can't quite remember where the pictures start of Marie Antionette's home, but I think the remainder of pictures are from there.










The following 3 pictures are of a music room in the garden.















Also I am trying to organize all my pictures and post them, but here is a list of all the locations I went to so you know what is coming. Paris, Marseilles, Nice, Monaco, Pisa, Florence, Munich, Berlin, Salzburg. Then this week I am going for 5 days down to Italy. Venice on May 12th, then Rome for the 13-16th. It should be fun. We have been having some cold rainy weather, which is unusual for May, but it should be bright and sunny for Italy! The weekend after Italy I am going to Vienna for a 3-day weekend, then the next Saturday I am going to Strasbourg (France) for a day. I am not exactly sure which days I am going where yet, but in June I am going for a weekend to both Amsterdam and Prague (two separate weekends).

No comments:

Post a Comment