Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Fussen - Neuschwanstein castle



Famous for 2 castles. The first isn't as cool, so make sure you look at the other one. It was amazing! They are called the Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein Castles. Here is the Hohenschwangau Castle.








This is the Neuschwanstein Castle, it is what the Sleeping Beauty Castle is modeled after. It was built by Ludwig II of Bavaria, in the 1880's, but was never completed because he died, mysteriously....









Below are rooms from the inside of the castle. I couldn't take pictures, but I found these on the internet. The castle wasn't finished and the king only lived there for 160 days. The first picture is of his bedroom. I took 4 wood carvers 15 years to do this elaborate work in his bedroom, I think. I am remembering this from my tour 3 weeks ago. His canopy bed has the cathedrals of Europe carved on top.


























No comments:

Post a Comment