Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Marsailles, Nice and Monaco

We were in Marsailles for an incredibly short time, but I stayed in a great place if any wants the name. We arrived late at night, and left around 9:30 the next morning. The traffic was crazy, the streets were small, so we just saw the port and I saw the view of the Notre Dame church while waiting.

It was nice though, someone actually talked to me in French. In Paris people just immediately see that I speak English, even though I tried to speak French, they spoke in English. Sometimes they would even speak to me in English before I would speak. Weird. I must have had a sign on my forehead. AMERICAN. They were really nice about it thought, I always here about rude French people but no one was rude to me. Maybe they just felt bad for me because I was traveling alone.





You can see the Notre Dame church on the hill. The pictures above and below are kind of the same, but a little different, and I couldn't tell which one was better.


Nice, we stopped for lunch and walked along the beach. It was beautiful, but it had a rock beach. Weird. Smooth rocks, but really? Beaches should have sand. It hurts your feet less. But on the other hand you would dry off nicely without having sand get everywhere. I don't know if all the beaches were this way, or just our area, I have been trying to ask around.









Monaco, a country, smaller than Las Vegas. Know for gambling. We just drove through. It was really cool! But crowded! I didn't really get any pictures, good pictures, because we never stopped.



























No comments:

Post a Comment