Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Paris - Versailles Part I, The Gardens

Versailles Part I - The Gardens

And this is where my 16 day European adventure began. Versailles. By the way, like in Spanish, the double "L" makes a "Y" sound in French. About a 20 minute train ride out side of Paris. This is where Kings and Queens of France lived before the French Revolution. I began with the gardens, which were beyond extensive! I spent the day here and didn't even see it all. The gardens are done in an English style, with many fountains. Unfortunately the fountains are off, except for weekends when they charge you 6 more Euros to have see them on. But for some reason the fountains weren't actually on until about 2pm, when I was beginning my tour of the interiors. So a few fountain pictures with the fountains on, but not many.

Above is a map of the grounds, just to show you how extremely large this area is. There are often small pathways between each unique fountain, so I am sure I did not find them all.
















































1 comment:

  1. It looks absolutely gorgeous!! I would love to go and see the gardens in person!!

    ReplyDelete