Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Swiss Skiing

I went skiing last Saturday with the family. It was great! I was slow, but hopefully I will get plenty of practice this season! This was a small lift, just 20 minutes from our apartment. 20 minutes! This is the life.


Anyway, I am off to the south of France tomorrow. Watch "To Catch a Thief" (One of my top five favorites) with Cary Grant and Grace Kelly and think of me. Walking along the French Riviera, over looking the Mediterranean. Okay, so its winter, not quite the same, but I will go to Nice this summer, it is on The List. I think France will be fun anyway, the Med is probably always lovely, just like Grace Kelly.

Significant things from this week: I tried cheval(horse) for the first time. It was good, tasted like beef to me. I only had a little, we were eating Chinese fondue. That is where you cook little pieces of meat on skewers in a flavored broth. For dessert we had this beautiful Italian dessert made of cream, milk, and special powder. The powder has a small amount of sugar, and modified tapioca. You pour it into a mold and let it set. Then warm berries were poured on top perfectly complementing the pure white. Mmm. That is one thing I love about Switzerland, people make the best dishes from the surrounding countries. Switzerland is such a mixture of Italy, France and German and I get to try the best things from each country!

No comments:

Post a Comment