Sunday, April 11, 2010

Basel


I traveled an hour and a half by train to visit Basel, Switzerland. Basel is located in the north-west corner of Switzerland, directly adjacent to France and Germany. I went there to visit a girl that I met who is in my same situation. She also is from Dallas, graduated college in Aug. 2009, was living at home and decided to go on a European adventure to Switzerland working as an Au pair. Anyway it was fun to hang out with another American girl. The first few months I was here I was feeling slightly deprived of American culture/English, but now I am fine. It is still fun anyway.

So the following are pictures from the city of Basel. Nothing too exciting, but it was fun to get out and see a new place. I did see a movie in the theater, but it cost $18.50. And we did visit a museum, which had some interesting pieces. A few Van Gogh, Renoir, Monet, Manet, Warhol and possibly a Degas I don't recall. In Basel they speak Swiss-German, so it was interesting to hear that and try to figure out which door is the woman's restroom and such. Thankfully my friend is studying German, and most people speak English. So its all good.










No comments:

Post a Comment